All you need to know about gaming glasses
DO YOU REALLY NEED GAMING GLASSES - AND IF SO, HOW DO THEY HELP?
As a gamer, you probably came across multiple companies online selling gaming glasses; and no doubt that one question popped up to your mind: "do gaming glasses work and do I really need them?". And if they do work, what do gaming glasses exactly do?
For starters, the right pair of gaming glasses do work. And yes- gaming glasses do help improve the level of play, improve vision and clarity, and help reduce stress and strain on eyes, especially when playing your favorite games for hours on end, or you're engaged in an online competition and simply cannot put down your controller.
WHAT ARE THE HARMFUL EFFECTS OF GAMING?
You’re probably about to throw your PS4 into the garbage after reading this section, but don’t freak out just yet.
- constant strain can lead to headaches, itchy and/or tired eyes, and even blurry vision
- Retinal damage, cataracts and macular degeneration have all been linked to blue light
from screen exposure.
- High-energy blue light exposure can literally exhaust the eyes.
- Blue light exposure when the sun goes down can disrupt sleep patterns and your circadian rhythm. This could lead to depression, a buildup of neurotoxin and an overall increased risk of disease.
- Melatonin production and overall sleep patterns can be disrupted with prolonged
overexposure to blue light from screens.
- Exposure to blue light has been found to actually induce photochemical damage to the retina and macula.
WHAT ARE GAMING GLASSES?
Gaming glasses are glasses which are intended for those who play games online and offline. They are used to prevent all the harmful effects of gaming. Gaming glasses are used for various reasons; among these are:
- To help reduce blue light glare and strain. When you are staring at a TV, computer, tablet, or other device for too long, this emits blue light. This causes strain and can impair vision. Gaming glasses help reduce this.
- They help improve clarity, reduce glare, and provide a lighter hue (yellow tint) which will help you see colors vividly and clearly.
- Gaming glasses will help you keep up with fast paced games, help reduce blur or glare, and help provide enhanced definition for all games you love playing.
Just as sunglasses are intended to help reduce harmful UV rays and reduce the damage rays do to your eyes, gaming glasses are intended to help reduce the blue light, and vision impairment you would suffer from, if you would stare at a computer or TV screen for several hours a day, without having such protections.
In conclusion, if you are suffering from the above mentioned symptoms, and that is affecting your gaming experience, then you should definitely give gaming glasses a try.
NOT SURE WHAT GLASSES TO TRY AT A REASONABLE PRICE?
BlinkerGreen Blue Light Blocking glasses should be on your priority list. They are designed to eliminate all the symptoms of digital eye strain and improve your gaming experience. The BlinkerGreen glasses come in two versions: amber and clear lens. If blue light doesn't bother you all that much, or you aren't gaming more than a few hours a day, the clear lens is a great choice. This tint offers a subtle layer of protection that offsets mild digital eye-strain. You should consider the higher BLPF yellow (amber) version if you are more sensitive to blue light and spend many hours playing in front of a screen.
Get 10% off your 1st order and FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE from BlinkerGreen Computer Eyewear.